Make these Mickey Mouse Halloween Oreo Pops for the kids and they will love you forever. Of course, we mad Minnie Mouse Pops too! The spider webs made with icing are the coolest part of the pop.
It's up to you...add a little bit of webbing or a lot.
How To Make Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops
1 bag black candy melts
1 bag white candy melts
Mickey silicone molds - from Amazon
1 package orange fondant
1 Wilton silicone bow mold
12 Halloween Oreos
2 bags of mini Oreos
1 disposable piping bag
6 tbsp vegetable shortening
1. Using a heat-safe dish, melt the black candy melts and 3 tbsp of shortening in the microwave for
2. Mix and then melt again for 30 seconds and mix until smooth.
3. Take a Mickey silicone mold, spoon about 3 tbsp of chocolate into the mold, and coat the sides of the mold using a small spoon or paintbrush. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
4. Place a Halloween Oreo in the center of the mold and two mini Oreos in the ears.
5. Cover the mold with about 3 more tbsp of chocolate and tap the counter a few times to release
air bubbles. This helps smooth the top coat of the chocolate.
6. Allow the chocolate to harden for 15 minutes before removing the mold.
Make The Bows:
1. Pinch off about 1 tbsp of orange fondant and mold into a ball.
2. Press the fondant into the small bow and let it sit for a few minutes to firm up.
3. Melt half of the white candy melts and then spoon into the piping bag.
4. Cut the tip off the piping bag and pipe a spider web detail on the face of Mickey.
5. Place the orange fondant bow in the center of one of the Mickeys to create Minnie
Allow the chocolate to harden then enjoy!
Now let's make some cookie dough bites!
Author: Kathy Owen
Kathy Owen specializes in painting furniture and upcycling thrifty finds into unique home decor. She founded the home decor blog PetticoatJunktion.com in 2011, where she shares her expertise on furniture painting and upcycling found items.